Sit down, have a cup of tea, today is a story of smiles, but also tears. Of joy. Of sorrow. Of love. For once I’m not starting a wedding story with a photo of a happy couple, though there are plenty of those.
1. A line indicating the outer contours or boundaries of an object or figure: could see the outlines of an animal in the dark.
I believe there is no light without darkness. Without it, nothing to give shape to your feelings. Taryn and Matt’s families have endured a lot of heartbreak in the past few years. So this day was always going to be difficult at times. But they remembered every way they could. And by all means, this wedding day was even more joyous than most. It is exactly that. At the edge of it, there was more. As you go through it, you’ll notice the hugs are just that little bit tighter. The smiles even more heartfelt. The strength of those who remember.
Taryn and her husband Matt decided to forgo bonbonnières in lieu of a donation to support the life-saving work of Doctors Without Borders and towards the SAN foundation building a new multi-disciplinary integrated cancer care center. If you would like to make a difference, remember any donation 2$ and up is tax deductible.
Here are some kind words Taryn left on my Facebook page after they received their wedding photos:
“It doesn’t matter where you go in life. It matters who you have walking beside you.”
Taronga Zoo was especially significant because of the link to Taryn’s home country. They also chose to surround themselves with lovely vendors who were absolutely wonderful on the day:
- Celebrant – Christine Burgess
- Venue – Taronga Zoo Function Centre
- Wedding Dress – Maggie Sottero
- Bridesmaids Dresses – Saba
- Ceremony Music – Frances Castley
- Make-up & Hair – Rosie at Faces make-up and hair
- Styling & Flowers – Divine Events
- Invitations – Paul Diener
- Cake – Celebration Cakes
- Rings – Musson
You might also like
March 8, 2017
September 22, 2011